BCM- Sri Lanka
-Grace and wisdom with the new Two New leaders i have been coaching for ministry - Pastor Bensco and Pastor. Rohan
-Grace and wisdom as we reach the Gospel to Hindu buddhist and muslim communities
-To keep us humble always and see that through all we do that God will be glorified
-With the many needs we are facing financially in the mission field that God will provided in His time.
Africa: Praise God that this week the case against IJM client Josephat Mwenda in Kenya was thrown out for lack of evidence. Josephat had been arrested and falsely accused of a crime by police, but he was determined to fight back against the wrongful charges. He and IJM investigator Willie, and their driver, Joseph, were abducted and murdered in 2016 after leaving court. Pray for Josephat’s family as they process this public recognition of their loved one’s innocence, and pray for the ongoing trial for Willie, Joseph and Josephat’s murder.
Latin America: Praise God for six Venezuelan women who are now free from sexual exploitation in the Dominican Republic. On June 22, IJM attorneys and social workers supported a rescue operation organized by an IJM-trained anti-trafficking unit of the Attorney General’s office. The survivors shared that they had been recruited by the alleged traffickers while they were still in Venezuela. The traffickers promised them good jobs and paid for their flights to the Dominican Republic, but upon arrival their passports were confiscated, each woman was told she had to pay off $1,400 and they were forced into sex work. Praise God for this anti-trafficking unit, who are putting this training in practice to protect their people and end sex trafficking. Read the full story .
South Asia: Please pray for our team attempting to find two teenage girls being exploited by a private sex trafficking network. We had been working with police for weeks to rescue these girls, but at the last minute they were moved from the target location. This is often the case with these private networks, which operate out of homes or apartments rather than traditional brothels. Pray our teams could re-strategize quickly to find the girls and rescue them from sex trafficking. Also pray there would be no tip-offs that could make the traffickers grow suspicious and move the girls.
Southeast Asia: Praise God for a cybersex trafficking operation in the Philippines that led to five children being rescued! IJM’s team in Manila supported Philippine officials in the successful operation, which also resulted in the arrest of two suspected traffickers who offered to sexually abuse the children and share it online in exchange for payments from foreign customers. All five children, the youngest of whom was just eight months old, are now in the care of Philippine social services. Pray that God would bring rescued survivors tangible peace and comfort in the coming days, that he would keep them safe and that he would give them the strength they need to heal from the abuse.
- That the newly planted church named “Frescu Gospel Church” in Tirana Albania (opened it’s doors 6/8/18) would continue to draw many people from the neighborhood to their evangelical outreach programs. Praise the Lord for a great response thus far this summer - full capacity for most.
- That the evangelical teams currently hosting children’s Bible schools, children’s art schools, free Adult English and German classes, free medical help, and marriage and parenting counseling would be led and energized by the Lord to continue these high-impact efforts. Pray for strength and wisdom for the Albanian leaders (Edi and Bona Demo and Dhurata Turullaj) and the teams visiting from other countries who are helping them this summer.
- That the parents and families of the children who attend these programs would also come to the end-of-week sessions and be connected to the church and hear the message of the gospel.
- That God will reach the hearts of those impacted in the community and that they will be open and drawn to the Lord and will come to know Him.
- That this new church will be planted with new Believers and established for bringing God glory and honor.
Krista in Central Asia
Intercede for Local Friends:
- Thank God for the relationships and opportunities He has allowed into my life the past 1 1/2 years.
- Continue to ask for clear salvation of souls. Ask for national believers to continue growing in accurate understanding and boldness of the Word.
Intercede for Future Ministry:
- Ask for continued peace as I make plans in the midst of uncertainty about acceptance into the language university.
- Ask for the Father to bless the time I spend with global partners before and during the company gathering this month.
- Ask for wisdom as my Central Asian leadership and my current team meet to outline what future accountability, roles and company partnership will look like in the coming months.
- Ask that I find an apartment with an easy commuting distance from the language university.
-Gratitude for God’s protection during a period of “sifting”. We have in different ways been under spiritual attack.
-Gratitude for the boys and families who have found and are enjoying LIFECYCLES.
- Gratitude for the incredibly spiritually mature leaders who keep finding and leading LIFECYCLES by bicycle.
- Gratitude for the financial support that God has provided to make such a great year possible.
- Request God’s wisdom and protection as we prepare for our Summer Challenge Ride in the Laurel Highlands from July 29 through August 3. This is the first year that we’ve tackled two (2) week-long rides. By God’s grace, it is shaping up well.
- Gratitude for the good reception of the LIFECYCLES workbook curriculum.